Hopefully not, but Tribune sports writer Mike Downey brings up some interesting points in his column today.
1) Bill Parcells resigned his position as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys on Monday
2) Lovie Smith is a Texas boy, through and through
3) Lovie Smith is the lowest paid head coach in the NFL
4) Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is known for buying whatever he wants (regardless of price) if he thinks it will make the team stronger
5) Lovie's mother, Mae, once had dream that her son would become the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
Quite a set of observations by Downey. They paint a disturbing picture for Bears fans like myself who think Lovie Smith has done a wonderful job as head coach and want to see him on the sidelines for many years to come. But it's not something I really want to think about right now. Hopefully Bears GM Jerry Angelo team president Ted Phillips will understand that they've got a good thing going and keep Lovie happy (and paid well) in Chicago.