Do all children destroy the house they are living in?
We’ve only been at our current home about 17 months. The house was in very good condition when we moved in. However, if I use the observed events of the last 6 month to form a prediction of the future, I begin to think that sometime in the next two years Heather and I will be standing in a pile of rubble.
For your consideration, what our kids have done in the last six months:
- Pulled the door off the entertainment center
- Pulled off the front of a kitchen drawer
- Pulled out portions of the edging in the yard
- Shattered the side mirror on the passenger side of our van (whoops, that was Heather)
- Pulled off part of a toilet paper holder in a bathroom
- Stained the carpet in the family room
- Pulled off the window crank on the driver’s side in the Neon (whoops, that was me)
- Marked up the wall in the newly renovated basement
- Yanked down the towel rod in a bathroom
- Not to mention the tremendous wear on the walls and floors through-out the entire house.